MedTech senior with 1.059 GWA is Batch 2017 valedictorian
With an impressive general weighted average of 1.059, a medical technology senior will graduate as the valedictorian of Batch 2017 in June.
Neill Steven Cachuela from the Faculty of Pharmacy led this year’s Rector’s Awardees for Academic Excellence, the highest academic excellence award, during the Students’ Awards Day on May 12 at the Quadricentennial Pavilion.
Rector’s awardees include the following
- Seminarian Michael Angelo Alejago (Faculty of Philosophy)
- Seminarian Cloyd Anthony Elnar (Philosophy)
- Cristina Erika Elazegui (Faculty of Medicine and Surgery)
- Kristine Quiambao (Faculty of Arts and Letters)
- Christian Gonzales (Faculty of Engineering)
- Christian Marl Tigulo (College of Education)
- Anne Rachel See (College of Science)
- Rochelle Mae Ong (College of Architecture)
- Alexandra Jane Ong (College of Commerce and Business Administration)
- Su Jee Jang (Conservatory of Music)
- Angelica Ann Louise Ignacio (College of Nursing)
- Adrian Cranston Ong (College of Rehabilitation Sciences)
- Ana Bernadine Carillo (College of Fine Arts and Design)
- Marc Leuvill Villarde (College of Accountancy)
- Justyne Emerie Go (College of Tourism and Hospitality Management)
- Kristine Aquino (Institute of Information and Computing Sciences).
The Quezon Leadership Award was awarded to thirty-two student leaders from the central and different local student councils.
The Pope Leo XIII Community Development Award recipients, or students with outstanding involvements in community development activities, were Dean Alan Recaña (Office of Student Affairs), Raymond John Naguit (Student Affairs), Aldwin Francis Layug (Pharmacy) Roger Deinn De Vega (Nursing), Lloyd Julius Gondranios (Education) Emmanuel Martin Lauz (Arts and Letters), Mary Elspeth Cabalquinto (Junior High School) and 19 other organizations.
Twenty-three student organizations were also given the St. Dominic De Guzman Award for their outstanding performances in organizing activities that made significance to the University.
The Tradition of Excellence Award was awarded to Becarios de Santo Tomas, after receiving the Pope Leo XIII Community Development Award for five consecutive years.
The Albertus Magnus Award was given to 7 students and 8 student groups for their excellence in research and participation in symposiums here and abroad.
Forty-one students and 29 organizations were awarded with the Benavides Outstanding Achievement Award, for their commendable performance in local and international competitions and conferences.